HIV Treatment & Care
Are you HIV positive?
Circle Care Center (CCC) in Norwalk, CT provides comprehensive and state-of-the-art medical care and support for people living with HIV. CCC providers, Dr. David Rubin, MD and Trish Garton, FNP, are HIV Treatment Specialists with a combined experience of more than 60 years in caring for patients with HIV, and both are certified as American Academy of HIV Specialists (AAHIVS).
HIV Care at Circle Care Center includes:
- Providers at Circle Care Center work with new patients to offer medical case management and HIV care navigation to ensure that all of their treatment needs are met.
- Primary medical care: Primary care for HIV positive patients with one of our experienced HIV Treatment Specialists consists of comprehensive, quality medical care, including:
- Annual wellness exams,
- Comprehensive preventative and symptom-related laboratory analyses,
- Sexually transmitted infection consultation and screening,
- Preventative vaccinations (HPV, meningitis, flu, pneumonia, shingles),
- Nutritional consultations and weight loss therapies,
- HIV Specialty services:
- Consultation about HIV drug resistance,
- Anal carcinoma and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) screening
- HIV/AIDS wasting treatment,
- Testosterone replacement therapy,
- Hormonal therapy for HIV-positive transgender patients,
- Chronic Hepatitis C virus (HCV) 8- and 12-week treatment options,
- Medical Marijuana consultation regarding risks/benefits.
- Additional services available to HIV positive patients at CIRCLE CARE Center:
- Onsite Non-Profit Pharmacy ProgramCIRCLE CARE Center Pharmacy is a full service specialty pharmacy located at CCC’s medical center in Norwalk, CT. Services include monthly prescription auto-fill, personalized medication consultations, assistance in enrolling in patient assistance programs, immunizations and financial assistance for qualified patients.
- Sexual Health Counseling: Identify risks for sexually transmitted infections and create an individualized risk reduction plan (including PrEP for HIV-seronegative individuals) both to promote your health and minimize possible harm regardless of current HIV status.
- Mental Health: Individual counseling, psychotherapy and annual psychosocial assessments with our knowledgeable and sensitive Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Services provided by CIRCLE CARE Center’s Partners:
Triangle Community Center:
Groups meet at CIRCLE CARE Center’s medical center in Norwalk.
- Support groups: Please visit Triangle Community Center’s (ctpridecenter.org) page for more information.
Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project:
Services located at CIRCLE CARE Center’s medical center in Norwalk.
- Medication adherence counseling provides support and education about HIV infection, prescribed medications, and addressing any side effects.
- Care coordination offers information, assistance and referrals regarding benefits and entitlements, including insurance, housing, food, and referrals to other supportive services.
CCC works with MFAPand their social worker, case managers, early intervention specialist, and nutritionist for these services.
Learn more about the specialized medical care we offer for people living with HIV at our medical center located in Norwalk, CT by calling (203) 852-9525 or contact us here.